Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Pasta and vegetables

Pasta and vegetables

I like Italian cuisine very much. Pasta is one of the most favourite. I can cook it when have guests or just to have delicious dinner and everytime different: with mushrooms, cheese, with bacon and creams, with vegetables and nuts. Today, we had first snow, so I wanted something hot and tasty - pasta with vegetables and cedar nuts.

For 4 portions we need:
500g macaroni (in perfect way - "penne", but if you haven't like me this time, use "tubules")
salt
250 g carrot
250 g marrow
5 tsp. olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
80 g cheese
50 g cedar nuts
ground black pepper
2 tsp. basil

Step 1: Boil water in a large pot, add salt to you liking, add macaroni and stir it around, neatly.


Step 2: Wait after boiling 9-11minutes - macaroni are ready. Carefully pour water out( you can use colander)
Step 3: Peel carrot and garlic


Step 4: Wash vegetables, cut it finely and fry 8 minutes with 3 tsp olive oil.
Step 5: Add boiled macaroni, cedar nuts and 2 tsp oil.
Step 6: Season with salt, pepper, mix it and service immediately. Strew with grated cheese and basil.


Mmmm….wonderful!


Note: if you haven't marrow (as me) don't worry - you can put another vegetable or just miss it.
Note: you can add some cranberries.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish one day could taste this deliciuous food made by you. :-)

irine said...

I think you can cook it by yourself not worse than me. Thank you for comment!