Delicious for REAL men
At first time I cooked this soup as lazy, ignorant of Georgian tradition cuisine cooker. I also used mutton! But can say that – not bad. In actual fact, “Harcho” is Georgian dish, soup (name means beef soup). It is very important to use 3 ingredients: beef, tklapy (concentrated sauce tkemaly-plum sauce) and grated walnuts. I’ll show you my first experience and then recipe of real “Harcho”.
For 4 persons you need:
500 g mutton
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp flour
2-3 gloves of garlic
2 tbsp tomato paste
100 g rice
2 tbsp wine vinegar
1 bay leaf
1 tuft of fresh green
Step 2: Peel onion and chop finely. Warm up oil in a pan and fry it slightly. Strew onion with flour, make it brown and take away fire;
Step 3: Put rice into bowl and wash it out by cold running water, then pour water out. Put fried onion and rice into bouillon, salt, pepper and boil during 20 minutes;
Step 4: Peel garlic, chop finely and add to our soup with tomato pasta, bay leaf and wine vinegar together. Salt, pepper one more time and boil 5 min more;
Step 5: Wash fresh green, dry it up and chop finely. Serve Harcho in plates and strew with green.
Good advice: add 1tsp vinegar during boiling and meat will become tasty and will be prepared faster. You can also rub meat with soda previously and leave for 3-4 h, then wash it out thoroughly and boil.
Real Georgian recipe Harcho:
- Boil meat (put cut meat into cold water. Boil during 2-2.5h, middle fire);
- Take meat away pot and put there rice. Salt bouillon and boil rice with roots together (but take it away in the finishing) and back meat;
- Add first portion of spicery: fried onion with 1 tbsp flour (see Step 2), 1 parsley root, bay leaf and some crushed pea black pepper;
- Over 5 minutes pour grated walnuts in;
- After 5 minutes more add second portion of spicery: 2 tbsp parsley green, 1 tsp dry basil, 0.5 tsp red pepper, 0.5 tsp cinnamon. At the same time add sour sauce tklapy (if you haven’t it, add 0,5 glass pomegranate juice or at least tomato pasta). Add hmely-sunely if you have.
- Cook no more than 5 min, add pounded garlic, 2 tbsp kinza green, 0,5 tbsp basil green then leave covered Harcho with lid about 3-5 minutes to brew;